Here is a list of tips from staff, students, and professionals that can help you further your career!
1. Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with another employee - how did you manage it?
1. Do not come across as scripted - prepare but do not memorize your responses
2. Educate yourself on the company
3. Dress the part - enter into the interview neatly dressed, have proper hygiene, and prepared with the necessary tools you may need to succeed
4. Arrive 15 minutes early to the interview - this exhibits responsibility on your behalf, but will also help ease your nerves
5. Look the interviewer in the eyes, and have a firm handshake (practice makes perfect!)
6. Thank the interviewer for their time - follow up with a 'Thank you' email
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why do you want to work for [company name - position]?
How to negotiate salary
Top questions to prepare
"When at a career fair or an interview, always make sure to research the company! It will make them think that you are more interested in the company and will let them know you are knowledgeable."
- Andreina Dao
2016 SCLT Graduate
Supply-Chain Industrial Distribution Organization